Saturday, December 15, 2012

Challenges of the Research

As I'm looking at my research project, I am excited to get started and to begin to document the results.  In my mind, things are going to go well and I'll find the information that I'm looking for.  However, I have to stop myself and be realistic, realistic about the challenges that I could face.
The first challenge begins with the target audience - the parents.  I need the parents to believe that my presentation is a worthwhile investment of their time.  I need parents to actually attend the informational sessions and to get involved using the information presented to them.  I plan to send letters home with the students and use our automated call-out, email, and texting service in order to continually remind parents about this great opportunity to help their child.
Another challenge is TIME!  Time seems to be everyone's concern when they're conducting an inquiry on top of the other things that life has to offer.  As Master's students, we now have an action research project to go along with the internship opportunities that we are to be seeking (150 hours), and the actually classes that we are taking.  I'm really doing my best to take it one week at a time.  In no way do I want my personal life (earning this degree) to get in the way of giving everything I possibly can to my students in the classroom.  I have and will continue to push towards being the best I can be at both, but, if push comes to shove, my focus will not leave my students.  Let's hope I can continue to be successful at managing my time wisely on both fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment